The Dartmouth Park Unit offers a number of treatment approaches for people with personality disorder.
- Mentalisation-Based Treatment - (MBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy- (DBT) - This therapy treatment is currently suspended due to staff changes. Other evidence based interventions continue: MBT, STEPPS and schema. DBT will be reviewed once therapies team has been fully recruited to.
- Structured Clinical Management - (SCM)
- Schema Focused Therapy - (SFT)
- Systems Training for Emotional Predictability and Problem Solving - (STEPPS)
Read more about these approaches using the menu on the left.
Individuals with a diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder and/or Antisocial Personality Disorder "should not be excluded from health and social care services because of their diagnosis...their offending history... or because they have self-harmed". NICE Personality Disorder Guidelines (2009)